Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Friday, February 09, 2007

My Grocery Savings!!

Well I had a fun day at the grocery store today! So here is what I got today at Cashwise.

I saved 70%!!!!

Here is what I got:

Bread 1.18 Free w/ in store coupon

Gold n Plump Chicken 6.88
Gold n Plump EZ Bake Chicken 4.78 x 4 = 19.12
Total chicken = $26, spend $25, get $10 off & had 4.75 in mfg coupons

Bananas 1.17 (only thing I bought w/o having a coupon!)

Potatoes 1.98 Free w/ $25 purchase (gave to lady next to me bagging as I did w/ the other free bag I got the other day. I'm the only one that eats potatoes & already have a 5 lb bag)

Totino's Party Pizza 14 x 1.00 = 14.00
Pillsbury Biscuits 1.11 x 8 = 8.88 (unfortunately I lost one can!! Either left at the store?? Fell out in the garage?? I can't find the darn thing anywhere!!) Mfg coupons of .30 x 7 = $2.10
Yoplait Smoothies 18 x 1.00 = 18.00 Coupons of $1./2 =all were FREE

Store coupon of buy 10 of the above items, get $5 off. So I had 40 items & used 4 coupons to save $20.

Total of 48 items & before coupons = $71.21 After coupons......

$21.45!!!!!!!!!!
Grand total of $49.76 saved!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!

(They were out of the pizza rolls that I was gonna end up getting 10 for .06!!! I'll be going back next week as it's a 2 week sale)


The BEST part was while I was bagging, the gal who was in line behind me comes up to me (I knew her) & asked where I got all those coupons from. I said the internet, the store, & newspapers! And then she said, I spent TWICE as much as you & look, I can fit ALL of mine in ONE bag! I had 4 or 6 bags I think! LOL

Oh, I WISH I could get more of those Yoplait coupons, I knew the kids would love those stupid things! Six are gone already today. Nick had 3...says they are soooo good. It's just drinkable yougart!!! It's all in the packaging, isn't it?!!? Oh well, they didn't ask for their usual ice cream snack tonight!!! heheheh

If I could keep doing this, maybe I will get our grocery bill cut in half! I was told on the one message board that I should be able to get by with spending $200/month on food for our family of 6. And here I thought I was doing good on $400/month!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home