Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Friday, February 02, 2007

What's New Here??

This is just gonna be a catch up post of things that have been going on here recently.

Where should we start? How about my fun evening!! Supper. I dread it when I have to do meal time alone with the kids. Phil is on afternoons this week (and next! He is switching shifts. He FINALLY got an upgrade at work. It's only 3 weeks of the year, but it's a start up the ladder! He is now the back-up for the *coach* position. I think that is what they call it. Anyhow, when she is on vacation or calls in or whatever, he will then be in charge. So he has training for the next 3 weeks for that. WTG Phil!!!!)

Ok, so I usually make something I know the kids will eat. I made spaghetti tonight. What fun THAT was. Served Zander his plate first...he pushes it away "I don't LIKE that" and he starts his fussying. Not gonna put up with that, so off he goes to his room. No supper for him. So Lexi took his plate & ate away. Then I get Nick's ready. Then myself & I share with Zach. We start to eat & then Nick complains that the noodles taste funny, he doesn't like it etc....There is NOTHING wrong with noodles. They taste fine. If anything, it was the sauce. I used the plain jane stuff cause otherwise I would have heard about the little *things* (mushrooms, onions, etc..) in it & gaaarroosss.

So he's crying about it & I said to eat at least half if he wanted a bedtime snack tonight. He then gets a little coughing spell & guess what?? He vomits on the floor in front of me...while I'm trying to eat. How pleasant. So off he goes to the bathroom & said he threw up 3 more times. So guess he's not eating anymore.

So after all that fun & the dishes are done, Nick takes a bath. Then when he's done I give Z & Z one & then Lexi finishes the night off with one. Lexi was complaining that she felt dizzy, her head hurt. Then she asks if it's bedtime yet & I said if you are tired, then go to bed. So I tuck her in about 7:45. I have a feeling she's getting the flu bug that Nick had. She has been coughing & it is going around. Nick said he had 5 kids out sick today...in a class of 17! There would have been 6 missing but one came to school later in the morning. So there is definately something going around. I can't wait until *I* get it.


Target shopping. Found a bunch of great clearance items there today. Got a heads up from a message board & FINALLY found some of the items they were talking about.


For Ebay I got an Evenflo Breastpump, reg price 109.99, on sale for 27.48 & it has a $10 MIR. Won't make a whole lot, but an extra $20 is an extra $20.

BeBe Sounds Fetal Monitor Reg 19.99, on sale for 4.98, can put in my store for 19.99 so again, not much but a little profit which all adds up.

And I was dumb & passed up a Baby Bjorn carrier. It was about $30 I think & just checking Ebay, I could make a little on that too. Maybe I'll stop back tomorrow & grab it if it's still there.

The following stuff was all 75% off.
I found 2 backpacks. They were 2.48.
A Razor Scooter/Tricycle thing for Zander's bday in March. 7.48
Baseball glove for Lexi & Zander (Easter presents!) 3.24/each
Baseball backpack for Nick (easter!) 4.98
Bikes! one for Nick & one for Lexi. Nick's was 24.98 & Lexi's was 17.48!! (Easter for Nick & since Lexi just got a new one for her bday, I thought we could leave this one at Grandma's. So I dropped them both off in their garage only to see that there already was a girl bike there. WTH? I don't remember that one! So not sure yet what we'll do, but for 17.48.....you know how I am when I find good deals!! Buy them even if we don't need it! LOL I told myself to STOP doing that! Oh well, I can always put it on the garage sale & get my money back or heck maybe even make a few bucks!)

Zander update. For the last month? two months? He was getting into a VERY bad habit of waking up at night & coming in our room. Since I can NOT sleep with him in my bed, we would either put him in the pack n play in the closet or after awhile carry him back to bed. Then about a week or so ago it was getting bad & he did not want to go in the pack n play or back to his bed. So I would put him on the couch. Well FINALLY just this week he has been staying in his bed ALL NIGHT. What happened? I don't know for sure. BUT, coincidently he started to skip his afternoon nap. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Yes, I think he's done napping. He's also been completely OBSESSED with watching our family videos!!! He will sit in my room for hours (YES I let him!!!) and watch when he was a baby or Lexi's tapes. He gets so mad when we tell him enough. This week I also took his blanket away during the day. He was getting so bad with draggin that stupid thing around the house & sucking his thumb. I had enough. He'd leave it somewhere & then when it was bedtime couldn't find it. So after he wakes up in the morning I've been hiding it from him. He will once ask for it & then I tell him he can have it at night. I asked him what he wants it for "suck thumb" he answers. Those two go hand in hand. If he has his blankie, the thumb goes in the mouth. So far hiding the blanket during the day has been working fine. Although today he asked for it in the afternoon & I sensed he was tired & so I gave it to him & he went to *watch his movie* (AKA Family video!). I checked on him later & he had fallen asleep. So today was his first time I think all week. I told him he can nap on the weekends.

Zachary. Wow. This kid can scream/whine/whimper! If he can't get it, he'll let you know! He screams & I always think he is hurt or something, but just find out that he can't get what he wants! Tonight he was SCREAMING by his toybox, I thought he was pinched or stuck or something. He just couldn't reach the toy at the bottom! Good grief!! And he will scream if Zander has a cup & he doesn't. Or if I give Zander juice & Zachary water....no no no!!

Wrestling. If you are from MN, you've probably heard of the recent herpes outbreak w/ wrestling. We were advised not to go to the meet tomorrow. So that just leaves 3 meets left. One in Jackson (no idea how far that is, so we may not go to that one, St Peter, & then Marshall (also kind of far to go). So he's only been to the 2 meets so far. He does enjoy the sport though & has improved since he started. Tonight I said he could stay up until Phil got home from work. Well everyone else was in bed by 8:30 & he was right here by me watching TV. It's 8:45 & I asked him something, no response. Check on him & he's SLEEPING! So I wake him & he says "where's daddy?" I said you didn't quite make it, head up to bed. He said well I could of but my eyes hurt. Ya ok, whatever. So they are all in bed before 9!! Friday's we usually let them stay up until 9. This is sure nice for me;-) I suppose they are making up for the rough meal time they give me!!!

ME - I've really been getting into the couponing. I almost had a connection for a bunch of coupon inserts from the Sunday paper but they live just too far away. So i told Phil that maybe I should look into delivering the Star Trib on Sunday's. He laughed. Doesn't think I could do it I guess. I joined this message board on couponing & oh my. My little stockpile I have here is NOTHING compared to some of those people! And what they spend?? Let's just say I'm hoping to cut my grocery bill by 50% a month. Some of them have stores that do double coupons so that is really huge, but even without that, they say it can be done. So we'll see. I do well w/ the non food stuff that's for sure. Just the grocery game isn't as easy around here. But I'm gonna try!! This one lady donates like $1000 worth of groceries a month to her local food bank. Unbelievable!

Hope everyone stays WARM this weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home