Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Closed Credit Cards

So today I went online to look at our credit history. It showed a bunch of credit cards that were still open. No balances, but history was there. So I decided to call a bunch to close the account. I think I ended up closing like 10 or more.

Anyhow, here is how it went.

Don't you still want a card for emergencies?

No

Most people have 2 or 3 cards on hand for emergencies.

We have cash for that.

What about online ordering or hotel/car rentals.

I have a debit card for that.

This is a credit card based economy.

You mean a DEBT based economy?

Are you sure you don't want to keep this card, there is no annual fee.

I've never paid an annual fee.

Can we send you some coupons ?

I don't even know where this card is for, what store? (listed as DSNB)

Macy's!

Oh, well we don't even have one around here, I must of ordered something online or was in the big city once, I have no idea! I'll pass on the coupons.


It was pretty funny. Discover Card did NOT want me to close at all. Asked what rate I was getting from other companies. I said that we have no balance so it didn't matter. He really kept going on & on! Herberger's was the quickest. Account number, ok, Account closed, thank you, goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home