Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Were we REALLY Safe??

For those of you that aren't local, you may not have heard of what happened in New Ulm yesterday (Friday). Here is the story

http://www.nujournal.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=6922

Yes, pipe bombS were found at MLC College. And guess what, Nick, Lexi, Zander, & myself were there......AT THE TIME!

The school was performing their Children's Theatre program Cinderalla & I went along as a chaperone (took Zander with too).

I am very upset about this. We had NO idea what was going on until we left & saw the one street was blocked off & I saw cop cars, ambulance, and the fire department there. We figured an accident or something. I didn't find out all the details until reading the paper this morning.

How can they say we were SAFE?? How could they let the show go on & allow 100's of elementary aged kids on campus??? They had NO idea if they were any other bombs on campus and did they check? According to what I read, all they did was move students to the other side of the campus.

In my opinion they should of turned all the buses around & sent us back to school. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if we missed the play.......it would have been very tragic if something would of happened with us & all those kids there.

This happened at 8:00 am when law enforcement was called there, we arrived on campus about 8:45, which if I read it right was shortly after the bombs were found.

And they state that it was handled well in light of what has happened at VA Tech earlier this week. In my opinion, in light of what happened there, this was NOT handled well. We should of NEVER been allowed on campus.

If I can get it well written, a letter to the editor will be sent to the Journal from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home