Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Two Sets of TWINS???

I got a phone call today that I wasn't expecting. About a month ago or so I saw a note up at the gas station from some one in Courtland looking for someone to watch her kids part time. I thought I would look into it & ended up leaving a message. I never got a call back & then totally forget about it.

Well today the lady called. Took me a second to remember what she was talking about! After talking for a little bit I asked her where in Courtland she lived & here it's just down the street!

Her & her husband are both teachers in Mankato & it sounds like they have been having daycare issues for awhile. I remember back when I was just pregnant with Zachary & had a garage sale they stopped by. I had thought then of mentioning that I could help out if they ever needed it. At that time, they had daycare in New Ulm so would drive from Courtland to New Ulm to Mankato to New Ulm & then home to Courtland. A LOT of extra driving. Well then I guess their daycare in New Ulm closed so they had looked in Nicollet & Mankato but didn't have any luck so a SIL is helping them now. She comes in the morning to pick the boys up & takes them to her house in Lake Crystal. So now they are driving to Mankato then to Lake Crystal to pick the boys up & then home to Courtland. Still extra driving. So with me being right down the street, I'm sure that sounds ideal to them!

Well so they would like a full time person, but also would use two part-time people if that works. I think whatever works they will take!

The ideal thing for me is that they are both school teachers. So NO SUMMERS. And all the holiday vacations, spring break etc... The hours would be 7:15- 4:00. About 9 hours a day. I guess when I thought of PT I was thinking maybe just a few hours day. But this could work out too. I'm thinking I will try it & just do 2 days a week. If it is working out, maybe I'll do 3 days. We'll see.

I haven't been doing much on Ebay the last couple of months so this would be a good way to make up for that loss income. I think I've finally gotten burnt out on it. Didn't think it would happen, but it has. I'll still do it, but not selling as much as I had in the past. And do you know how much daycares get these days? Wow. Just a couple of days/week is all I need to do! The rates have gone up since I quit working that's for sure! I seriously wonder how some people do it. Does it REALLY pay to work after paying for daycare? And the stress of it. I felt really bad for this lady. I remember those days of dealing with daycare, finding a decent one, openings for both kids, dealing with not having daycare because of sickness or vacation, having to plan my vacation days around hers etc....the call today brought back all those things I'm so glad I don't have to deal with anymore!!

So, I'll give her a call this weekend I think & talk some more & tell her I could try it & see how it works for us. They have 2 boys pretty much the SAME age as Zander & Zachary. Her oldest turns 3 next week (Zander turns 3 in 2 weeks, so they are only a week apart) & the youngest she said is 18 mos. Zachary is almost 16 mos, so about 2 mos apart for those two.

It would be like having TWO sets of TWINS to watch. 18 mos & 3 yrs!!! YIKES!! That part is scary too!! But then again, my boys would probably LOVE someone else in the house to play with besides each other. Could be good for the both of them.

Oh & the other thing is that the dad graduated with my brother so I know him & he knows my family. That always helps when you are trying to find someone to watch your kids. (Dave Wilfahrt). She also mentioned that his mom is dealing with cancer right now. Is that Barb Wilfahrt mom? Did you know that? So the SIL watching the kids now has to go to the hospital alot & so it's been hard to watch the boys for her too. So I think any help I can give now until school is out would really help them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home