Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It happened AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh. You all may recall this past summer where I got locked out of the van....while it was RUNNING & I was on my way to pick Lexi up. Well today, it happened AGAIN!!

I was on my way to town to go to Walgreen's (yep 2nd trip this week & have to go back one more time, more on that later! hehehe) and had to stop at the bank, post office, & gas station here in Courtland. Do the post office first, then bank, & then all I needed to do at the gas station was grab their bag of newspapers out of the recycle bin. Sometimes I hit it lucky w/ coupon inserts there! So I leave the van running, go grab the bag of papers, back to the van & try to open the side door to stick the papers in there. As SOON as I grabbed the handle, the doors LOCKED on me. I saw them lock in front of my eyes & thought oh shit!! Purse w/ phone is in there. Phil is at home w/ Z & Z and the other van key. So I set the papers down & go into the station & ask to use the phone.

Phil came & unlocked the door & gave me the extra key to keep on me! I think I need to get another one made & hide it on the van somewhere....like I did when I was 16 & first got my license!! Either that or I need to downgrade to a vehicle that does NOT have power locks!!!

I *think* I figured it out though & how it happened. The van was running & so it thought there was someone in it.....I try to open the door & so it quick locks as a SECURITY function. My guess anyhow. Maybe I should read the manual??

Ok, so I was then able to go to Walgreen's today.

I picked up some more FREE Deodarant. Six bottles in all I think. Got home to go through all the newspapers & now get to go back for 18 more FREE sticks, bottles, whatever you want to call them. I donated some to this thing Nick & Lexi's school is doing. They are making gift bags for MLC college kids for Lutheran Schools week. Tonight we got a couple bags together of shampoo, deodarant, kleenex, razors, toothpaste, and hairspray. I'm also going back to Kmart to get more gum. I'm getting $20 worth for $5 and gum was another thing on the list so they'll get a bunch of that. I hope they'll be happy with our donation!! Oh & cups of soup. I have some of the Soup At Hand that I can put in the bags as well.

I got some Sunsilk today for free. They had bottles on clearance & the deal was spend $15 get $5 back. I spent 15 or 16, had 12 or something in coupons & got back the $5. I know in the end, it was all free & I made a buck something extra.

Glade candles on sale for $6, MIR of $2, coupon for $3, so a buck. I found out you can get up to 4. Bummer I only found 1 more coupon from previous weeks.

Scott TP was on sale 2/$5 (4 roll packs). Printable coupon for $2/off so .50 for 4 rolls. Pretty good for GOOD TP. We all know how Phil can't stand the cheap crap!!

I think those were the major highlights.

1 Comments:

Blogger photowannabe said...

That is so funny. John can't stand the cheap crap either. Wonder where that comes from.
shannon

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home