Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Saturday, February 24, 2007

There's a WINNER every time!

So I haven't been very good at updating my blog lately. I always have stuff to post but never get to it!! Let's have a little catch up & maybe I'll get some pictures posted soon. Problem with the pictures is that I upload them on my desktop & most of the time I'm sitting here on my laptop upstairs!!

Highlights from the week.........

~~Lexi had her 100th day of school party.
~~Nick fell in a puddle of water at school & so he had to change into what he called *nerdy* pants (red sweatpants) and had to wear them the last hour of school.
~~Zander has been testing my limits EVERY single day. He is on/off with his naps. Today he took a later one so we woke him up & boy is that ever a mistake to wake that kid up. We heard a lot of "don't look at me" "Be quiet" "Stop talking" And his sleeping habits have turned sour. He's getting up earlier than usual & it sucks.
~~Zachy is at just the cutest, sweetest, fun age. He is just a little honey. He has turned into the best sleeper. He isn't talking much yet (surprise surprise, all our boys are/will be late talkers I guess). He will say dadadada & done. That's about it.

I didn't post about it, but a couple of weeks ago, Lexi's classmate's father died. I'm not sure of the cause of death, but he was 76. Yes, 76 with a 5 yr old. And he had two other younger kids at home. He was their father, and not stepfather either. I'm guessing his wife has to be at least 30 years younger. I'm not sure, I don't know the family. So the K-4 classes sang at the funeral.

And now today we read in the paper that Nick's classmate's father died yesterday. I found out that it was a suicide. He was 46. Worked at Kraft. Phil knows him & will go to the funeral on Tuesday. Also, his ex-wife used to work for Phil at the Super 8. So sad.

We now have an OLD man living in the house!!! On Thursday, Phil turned the ripe old age of 40!!!! We had a yummy Dairy Queen ice cream cake on Thursday & then last night went out for supper. We went to Mankato & Ashley joined us. Phil picked Old Country Buffet. Food wasn't as good as the last time we went, but I still managed to overeat. Hmmmm wonder why I put on 5 pounds. Augh. Come on Spring... I need it to be nice out so I can get back to walking again.

I'm still having fun with couponing & saving us money. I averaged it out & I've gotten back about $75/mo in rebates since I started in Oct. I'm still learning as I go. I hit a good deal at Target yesterday on Pop Tarts. They had 5 boxes on an endcap clearanced to .54/box!!! I was thrilled with that price and posted it on the message board I belong to. Of course someone had to point out that Target had a printable coupon for $1/2..so I could of gotten them for .04/box!!! I *think* I do good and then...BAM. Now I can see how these people get by with $200/mo grocery budget for their families of 6!!!

The coupon board is fun. I won AGAIN! It will be another potluck of coupons & a little surprise I guess. The question was how many box tops for education have I collected since Jan. I asked Lexi to make a guess....she said 30. So I answered that & we won!!

Just a little while ago I got notice that I won ANOTHER contest! This lady asked what her favorite candy was. So I guessed Milky Way (cause that's mine! LOL) and after a ton of guesses by people she gave a hint & said it started with a C. SO I guessed Charleston Chew & won!! So fun to get the coupons in the mail to see what other areas of the country get. Much better than we get around here, that's for sure!!

Well it looks like it will be another great month of free/cheap stuff at Walgreens so I'm off to get my list ready for tomorrow. Granted I can get out. Might be snowed in!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home