Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Allowance, WOW!

I've been meaning to post this story for a few days now but keep forgetting! Anyhow, I was in Walgreen's Friday night & there was a young girl in front of me checking out. My best guess was she was 12-13 years old. She was buying:

8 sticks of Chapstick
4 jars of Carmex
2-4 HUGE 1.19 candy bars
2-4 other candy bars
and maybe some other candy? Not exactly sure.

Her total was around $36.00. She asked the casier if she'd take this. And she showed her. Cashier said yes. It was $100 bill. Cashier says "that's a lot of money for someone your age to be carrying around" Girl says "that's my allowance" Cashier & I both had to take a step back. I said "I WANT YOUR PARENTS" Then we said ya right. And then the girls says that's for the WEEK. We were in shock. Then she tells the cashier to *keep the change* (the .43 or whatever) Cashier says no I can't. Then the girl left.

Cashier says to me "what's sad is her folks probably give it to her & say "here, I don't want to see you around this week, here's $100"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home