Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Broken Car........

Didn't I just mention that we don't need anything else to break on us!?!?

Ugh Ugh Ugh

Phil left for work tonight about 10:40...few minutes later I hear him come back in. He comes in & says his car BROKE. Huh? How does a car just break?!!? Well something happened with the steering I guess. He was on the county road & ended up putting the car into the ditch to get it off the road. Not sure what he should do....leave a note on it or what? I said I would call the police department to see what we should do about it. So he left with the van & punched in at 11:00 pm. Right on time ;-)

I called the NU Police Dept because I wasn't sure if I should call them or the Nicollet Co Sheriff. I told dispatch the story & was asking what I should do when she put me on hold....she came back & said that Nicollet County had just recieved a call on the vehicle in the ditch so she was going to transfer me to them. I told that lady the story & she said that a Sheriff was on his way to the scene & would call me when he got there. I said ok. Boy someone was sure quick to report it!

Waited for him to call.....he called & asked if my husband was here...could he talk to him. I said no he came home & got the other vehicle & went to work. He asked if he had been drinking at all today. I laughed...and said no, he was on his way to work and the car broke! The steering went out & he wanted it off the road because he didn't think it would be ok just on the shoulder. He asked where he worked. Than he went on to say that the report was he walked away with a cooler & an open can. I said he takes a cooler to work with his food in it...and he had just opened a can of pop. I'm sure it looked pretty bad to whoever drove by & saw it!! He said the car would be fine where it is at for tonight & that if it's not gone in the morning, they will have it towed. I said I would call someone in the morning.

Can't wait to see what the bill will be for that! I'm sure it will be cheaper than a DWI though!! I wonder if the Sheriff will show up at Kraft tonight to give him a breathalyzer........will be some good gossip for sure!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone reported it that fast!! But LOL - I bet it did look funny having someone go into the ditch and walk away with a can / cooler.
Hope the repair isn't too pricey! :-(

8:00 AM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

That is pretty funny, the way it looked and probably seemed. I almost wonder if they would follow up and go to work and do that. Wouldn't surprise me. What a story. And Phil still made it to work and you were left with the mess! LOL Hope it is not too much money. It does always seem that when things go, they all go at the same time.
Shannon

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bummer!! Did you get the car back? And what was wrong with it? There is always something, isn't there? Marcie

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

musta been the day for break downs,doug pickup left him sit on the way home from work yesterday, hitch a ride home and had truck towed, damages (800 dollars) fuel pump and tow job, looks like we go shopping for a new pickup this week end and a bank loan $$$$ lucy

1:48 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm glad Phil is okay! Hope it won't break the bank. :)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home