Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Checking In From the

LAKE!! What do you know, I'm able to pick up a wireless signal over here!!

Nick, Eric, Zander & I came over this afternoon. The boys wanted to fish. I told Nick before we left that I know how it goes, they fish for 5 minutes & then they are done. Well guess what? They fished for a few minutes & then were done. Gee, how did I know??

We did take the paddle boat out for a little ride. My cousin Jorja is over here & so we paddle down to where she was & talked to her for a while. There are actually quite a few people here. A few docks are in already too. Ours will go in next weekend.

I suppose I should be doing some cleaning, but darn it, I forgot all my cleaning supplies. Oh well, I did manage to pack a couple of beers though. I guess I'll just go for a walk & talk to the neighbors & see how everyone made it over the winter!

OH, and the best part (what I always worry about!!) NO MICE came in over the winter!!


****** I'm home now & have to made a few edits. Everything sounds great above, right?!?! Well of course after I posted that's when my luck turned.

I got the water turned on & started running it through the pipes to clear all the antifreeze out & stuff. I let it run for awhile & then remembered to check under the kitchen sink. Last year at the end of the season we noticed it was leaking. So we asked the resort owners if they could check it/fix it for us when they winterized the pipes for us. Well guess what, they didn't. So there was water all over under the sink. Was able to clean that mess up.

Then Nick says "mom, the carpet is ALL wet over here" So I look over & see the living room carpet is soaked. Got my uncle to come over & we pulled off the wood thing that was covering up the pipe & he says we have a leak. So TWO leaks that we need to fix.

Then I looked in a couple of cupboards and found evidence that we DID have a mouse, or probably mice cause we all know there is never just ONE of those damn creatures!! I wonder if it got in somehow through the water heater area. We had to replace that last year & open that all up & I bet we didn't get it tight enough when we closed it back up.

I put the signs in the windows that the place is for sale. Couple of the neighbors did NOT like that. They told me to hang them on the outside so they could rip them down! I keep going back & forth on if I want to sell or not, but after today, I'm ok with it. I get stressed out when we have to worry about things like this. They say it's just minor leaks, but still....something to worry about & get fixed. And of course a bill will come along with it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home