Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

ER visit.........

Had enough of the chest pain so I called the clinic this morning to see a doctor. They were all out of available appointments & said if I wanted to be seen, I had to go to the Emergency Room. So I did. Was hoping they'd keep me & even took my hospital bag with. They sent me home with out a baby, but some good drugs instead.

I am being treated for pneumonia. Without a chest x-ray they can't be 100% certain that is what I have but they don't like to do x-rays on pregnant women so the doctor said we would treat it this way. It's either this or Pleurisy or some skeleton muscular thing I have. The coughing for 3 weeks is long enough & I needed something for the unbearable pain. When it hurts to breathe....something needs to be done!

So I'm on amoxicillian for 10 days & some Vicodin for the pain. The Vicodin has already kicked in & I have some pain relief FINALLY.

As long as we were at the hospital (Phil came with today...his FIRST doctor visit with this pregnancy and they didn't even check the baby really. As long as baby is moving I guess things are fine.) we went to the OB department to see if anything opened up for Thursday. Nope, & Friday was booked as well. So it's still on for Tuesday. I do see my doctor on Thursday.

Time to rest before Nick gets home from school. Grandma has been a HUGE help with Lexi & Zander. They have been taking turns staying there & are both there now & Lexi will come home later. Thanks GRANDMA!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, oh, boy! You have really been hit with this, haven't you? When did the chest pain start? I knew that you had that cold for simply ages, but I did not realize that you had such pain also. We will keep you in our prayers...Love, Marcie

6:14 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Haven't heard about this yet!! GAH! Guess I need to go elsewhere to catch up. :)

Hate that you have to wait to have that child evicted, but maybe you'll be in less pain by Tuesday??

9:49 PM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Lisa, I am thinking about you and counting the days for you. Maybe, just maybe this baby will come on its own. I guess you must have such a comfy place for them to stay, none of them wanted to leave. baby must know it is going to be cold soon. Take it easy, I am glad that you have had help with the kids, I am sure that is a relief. Try to get some rest!
Shannon

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home