Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Patio....STILL not Completely DONE

So this whole patio process has been nothing but a headache for me. I'm sure Phil feels the same way. When did we start this??? MONTHS ago........and guess what, it's still not 100% completely done. I guess it won't be done until spring now. GRRRRR

Why is it that we ALWAYS have issues with cement guys???? To refresh your memory, it took WEEKS to get estimates & one called after we had already started the job with the ones that did it....so like 2 or 3 weeks later! And there was one that never even called back at all. I just don't understand how people can run businesses like that. Very crappy customer service.

Anyhow, so this is what it looked like the day they did it. Looks pretty nice in my opinion. But if I took a pic of it today....CRAPPY! Ok, let me explain. After they do it, they have to let it set for awhile and then the white of the cement starts to show or whatever & they are suppose to add a seal coating to give it that *wet* or *glossy* look, which is how it looks in this picture because it is wet. Well, they came back the one day to cut it (as you are suppose to do with cement) so that left it dirty w/ the cement they cut. He said he was coming back the next day to clean it up & remove the boards.........that was on Sat, he never came on Sunday. He also said that now it's gotten too cold that they can't put the sealant coat on it cause it would bubble up so they'll be back...first thing in the SPRING to do it. Oh & you can keep the $250 until then. Yes I was stupid & paid them when he asked. I knew he had to seal it yes so I was hesitant (Phil was gone hunting so I had to make the decision myself...bad one I know now) so I said I didn't want to pay in full cause it's not completely done. He says well basically it is, we just have the $50 in the seal coat to do yet. Well, whatever, it wasn't done, I should of held back MORE money.

So now we wait to see if they come back THIS weekend to remove the boards & clean it up. If not, I guess a phone call will have to be made to tell them how disappointed we are in how long it took & that it's not finished & how can we recommend him to others?? (He mentioned that a few times...if we knew others looking for cement work, THEY are the guys to call. Uh huh.)

I hesitate in starting any other home projects that involve OUTSIDE labor. Why are people this way!??!

*If you look at the steps in the picture, you can sort of see how the patio looks now....all dull like the steps look in this picture. I just want it to look like it does in this picture!
 
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home