Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Night 1 of CIO......

Ok, so here is how things went last night...he had to cry himself to sleep which lasted about 20 minutes. I survived that. And so did he! So he was pretty much asleep by 9:30. I decided to sleep in Lexi's room since she was at Grandma's. I went to bed about 10:30...heard Phil come home from work just after 11 pm. It was 2:00 that I first heard Zach cry....dang I could hear him from her room!! I let him go for 20 mins...and then went into my room...laid by Phil for a bit while he held me down so I wouldn't go & get Zachary. I had brought a bottle of water with me to try giving him that instead of nursing him. SO after a few more minutes I went in & gave him the bottle....he started crying harder. OK, so now don't laugh!

I didn't have the bottle cover screwed on right (did it w/ my eyes shut I guess LOL) & the water was spilling all over him. Poor kid....nothing like getting cold water on ya to REALLY wake you up, right? Could it get any worse??

So I got him out of the room & took him upstairs to change him & get a different bottle. Course now his eyes are open....gave him the water. After a while he figured out what it was & didn't want it & just started to play w/ the nipple. So I stopped & walked around with him for a little bit & then back into the pack n play he went & I rubbed his back a bit...and then I went back to my bed. It was probably 2:45 or so by this point I think. I can't remember. 4:00 he woke again crying. I left right away & went to the couch upstairs where I could NOT hear him. Then I must have dozed off & woke at 4:41 to his crying & I also was having a really bad thrift store dream. So I went downstairs & it was quiet. It wasn't him I was hearing, it was just the sounds in my head I guess. So I went back to my bed & he woke at 8:00 this morning. Not crying, but smiling at me. So we both made it...we are both alive today! LOL

I was in a lot of pain (nursing & it was what 12 hours? boobs hurt soooo bad!) so I thought he would eat like you wouldn't believe this morning...but you know what, he didn't. He only nursed on the one side & was satisfied. So he obviously is NOT hungry during the night...he just has me trained to feed him.

Phil was in the bedroom sleeping all night. He said he never heard him at 4:00. How he could not hear him is beyond me. He said he was tired. Oh, I guess I'm not???? I know I'm not a light sleeper but a crying kid in the next room & you are able to sleep through it? I wish I could!!

Zachary cried for his morning nap..I put him down 2 hrs after being awake. Not sure how long he cried cause I went in the shower so I didn't have to hear him! He napped a good 2 hours. Then he was up & yawning after an hour of being awake! I put him down not quite 2 hours after being up & he went down without incident.

We will see how night 2 goes! Dreading it already but have plans to sleep on the couch for sure! I'm predicting at least 3 nights of crying before he is sleep trained. As long as I don't cave in!!! This is NOT easy that's for sure. I'll take potty training over this any day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home