Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Big girl rode the School Bus today!

I have been taking Lexi to preschool in the morning, but there is a bus she can catch & so we decided we would try it today. We told her on Monday that on Wednesday she would get to ride the bus to school. She was so excited!!

Last night after daddy put her to bed, she came back downstairs all sad. Daddy asked her what was wrong & she said she didn't want to ride the bus. Very odd...since she was so excited about it previously & has been asking ever since school has started about riding it! So daddy told her she wouldn't have to if she wasn't ready yet & mommy would take her.

Well this morning I went in to wake her up & laid down next to her & the first thing she said was "I GET TO RID THE BUS TODAY!"

Of course it was a rainy, icky day this morning so I drove her to the corner & we waited for the bus. We got her on...she sat in the second seat across from I think she said a kindergartner.

I picked her up from school today & asked her teacher if she got off alright & she said oh yes, she came off the bus with a huge smile!

So that will help me out....a little less running in the mornings!

She is really loving preschool. Monday when I picked her up, her classmate Gina gave her a goodbye hug. So now she's making friends & remembering their names as well. Today she talked about her friend *Gina*. Otherwise, when I asked the other kids names, it was always "I don't remember".

2 Comments:

Blogger photowannabe said...

That is a big deal. Savannah keeps asking me when she will be able to ride with Jackson. It will probably be about two more years. I am glad that she liked it because that really is a big help.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Wow, Lisa! What a big step for such a little girl!! :)

Maggie was having a "younger sister" morning this morning. She's mad at me! LOL

Mariell didn't have school today and her friend, Camille's mom took the day off & invited Mariell over. Maggie wanted to stay! Poor thing!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home