Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Weekend Update!

We spent our first full weekend at the lake! I'm sure my bed will feel really good tonight! And with Phil on midnights this week, it'll feel even better getting the WHOLE bed to myself!!

Thursday. This day didn't start out that great. Nick had baseball at 8:30 & since we are slow movers in the morning, it's always a rush to get going. We got to the ballpark on time & as I opened my door, I see Nick's classmate's mom pointing at me....I thought she was pointing at my Ebay Powerseller sticker on my van window. I open my door & hear a whoooosssshhhhh. And I look & see my back tire is going flat....very fast. So I get the kids out & head to the park & make some phone calls. By the time baseball is over, I have a new $80 back tire. I ran over some huge metal chunk of something. It went in the tire & back out the side.

After a few more errands, we head to pick up Eric, back home to pack up & off to the lake we go!

The boys did some fishing on Thursday & I got brave & managed to take a few fish off that they caught. I don't mind that so much but you won't see me baiting the hook yet.....unless it's with a piece of corn. That I'll do!!

Phil joined us on Friday getting their about 5 pm. We met some more new people this weekend & are writing all the names down as it's hard to remember who is who, from where, & what trailer is their's!

The weather was actually pretty nice. Saturday was windy but the rain stayed away. Today was just beautiful. Everyone got some sun! We went to Waterville (12 miles away) for their Bullhead Days parade. Kids got a bunch of candy & even Zander got into it by picking up pieces & putting them in the bag! Lexi was still terrified of clowns & anyone dressed up. She hid everytime.

Friday night Lexi woke up about 3 am sick. She tried to vomit, but nothing much came out. She was on the couch most of Saturday just not feeling well. She woke up today feeling much better. Just that short bug that she gets once in awhile. Today she met two new girls at the lake. Alyssa & Amber. They are cousins to the girl Rose she met the other weekend. One of them is 3 & the other is 6. Their dock is next to ours so they'll hopefully do some swimming together. Cindy & Darren (parents) said they only got to the lake once last year because of work & are hoping this year they can get their more often. They said they were going to look at the trailer we bought (they share ownership w/ his parents & siblings & want something on their own now) but we bought it before they got a chance to make an offer. Oops!!

Luckily our place didn't have any storm damage from earlier this week. The next resort over had a huge tree that fell on a cabin where a couple were. They just got out of their bed & the tree fell on the bed. They are VERY lucky. We had some branches down but nothing major.

I missed my dishwasher & garbage disposal!! I really didn't even miss the computer.....it was a nice break away from all the Ebay stuff. Course now I need to get some stuff listed though!


*****Monday morning. Kids were all in bed by 8:15 last night......Nick was the first one up after 9:00 AM!! Lexi got up then & Zander was about 9:45 AM!! Kids were wiped out for sure!! I was up at 9:00 & then laid on the couch waiting for them to get up. It's now 10:45 & I better hop into the shower & get dressed today don't ya think??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home