Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My $400 Toilet Paper

I had to go to Target tonight to pick up some toilet paper. It only cost me $400.!!

I'm sure you have all heard about the Elmo craze, right? Well imagine my surprise when I see 11 of them sitting on the shelf!! I saw them & thought..what the heck are they all still doing on the shelf?!?! So I called Phil to check Ebay to see what was happeneing as we all know last night they were selling for $200-300 (new they are 39.99). Well this afternoon they have come down to around $100-$150 & tonight they are selling for $40-75. So I really wasn't sure WHAT to do. Is there only going to be a limited number of these produced?

Well I did fill my cart up w/all they had. 11 of them...then as I'm walking to check out, an employee said he had a strange request...and I said "you want one of my Elmo's? He said yes..and I said sure go ahead & take one. He said are you sure? I said yep that's fine & then he started to explain that they could get more on the next shipment..so then I was really unsure if I wanted to spend $400 on all of them! Then I got to checkout & two employees asked me what I was gonna do w/ all the Elmos. They seriously had NO idea. I said I had 10 kids ...and I just laughed.

I'm serious though, they really had no clue. I guess they don't watch the NEWS.

After I got home, I thought to myself. Now why would he ASK me for one of my Elmo's if there are more coming on the next shipment? Hmmm maybe he knows something & doesn't want to tell??!??!

While I would of been thrilled with 100 profit on each of these, I'd still be happy to sell each one in the 65-70 range..that would be a couple hundred profit if I sold all of them for that. I'd be happy with that! I definately need to sell enough to pay for the credit card bill when that comes, that's for sure!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I'm betting the closer we get to Christmas, the more scarce they will be & the more desperate people will be.

Good luck!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home