Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Doctor Appointments!!

Today I took Lexi & Zachary to the doctor.

Lexi had her 5 yr check up & also had to get THREE shots before starting Kindergarten! She also had a hearing test which she passed...so now I KNOW it's selective hearing with her!! I was beginning to worry as I repeat & repeat myself with her (of course it's usually while she's watching TV!). Then she had her eyes checked also. They were 20/40...so I suppose we'll be seeing glasses in her future?? She was weighed & measured....45.5 pounds & 45 inches. She is 75% for weight & 90% for height.

She did ok for the shots. It was two in one arm & one in the other. She did ok for the first two...I was actually surprised! Then the last one came & I remember with Nick that the last one was the worst. It stung more....she cried at the end & moved her arm. If she would have moved it sooner, she would of had to do it again but she did get most of the medicine in her. I tried to comfort her but was holding Zach to...who tried to pull her hair while she was crying! The nurse took him & so I was able to hold her for awhile. She does not want to get shots AGAIN!! Phew!! Glad we got through that!

Then Zachary had his 9 month well baby check. He was 22 pounds & I'm not sure what the height was. He is in excellent health but had to have his blood drawn for a check. So that was also fun. They poked his finger for that. He was so tired...it was past his nap time & we left & headed to Grandma's to pick up Nick & Zander. Zach was asleep before we even got to Grandma's....and you know how close she lives to the clinic!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lisa,
Lanie was 20/30 and 20/40 too and they said they don't fully mature and stop changing until about 6yrs and then to watch for them to need glasses after that. I said with my bad vision, how could she not need glasses?!
And Lanie could hear too...he said, just cause she can hear, doesn't mean she is LISTENING!
I agree!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home