Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Never Fails.........

Why do these things always happen to me!??!

Yesterday (Saturday) Lexi was invited to a birthday party. Her first one!! She was so excited about it! Since it's just over a half an hour to the lake, I didn't think it would be a big deal to drive her back home for the party. The party was from 1-4 so I thought I'd come home & get some Ebay work done. So I took her to the party & came home to one HOT house! Well I figured since I would be down in the basement, I wouldn't need the air on. I lasted until 3:00 & then turned it on!! It was hot down here!! So I worked right up until the end....left the house at 3:55 to pick her up at 4:00!

I backed out of the garage & then thought I better lock the side garage door cause I don't think we did on Friday when we left & some wierd stuff has been happening in the neighborhood (kids.....misbehavin'). So I get out of the van...leave it running...and go lock the door. Back to the van & it's LOCKED!!!! Keys in it, running...house key in it...PURSE w/ cell phone IN IT. Oh *)@@)#$(* now what do I do?!?

I sort of remember that Phil took his van key with to the lake (which he normally doesn't do) but I get the spare house key & go in the house to confirm that his key is gone. Yep. Van still running and I'm freakin' worrying that it could overheat in the 100 degree weather. So I RUN to the neighbors...Eddie & Burnell...I wonder what they think of me & all my crap that happens!! She sees me running over & comes to the door & asks what happend. She thought someone was hurt the way I ran & expression on my face!

So we have no other keys.......my cell phone is in the van so I couldn't even call my girlfriend who happens to be camping down the road from the lake. I don't know her cell phone number, it's programmed in you know. So no way to get ahold of her to get the key from Phil and then they would of had to drive it over.

So then we decide to try the old hanger method. It just so happened that the driver's side door wasn't completely shut....Eddie managed to get a wire in there & opened the door. Phew! Oh & of course I had a FULL tank of gas so if we had to let it run......that could have been $50 down the drain! And I'm so glad that neither of the little boys were in the van either...although I did have the A/C on.....

I still can't figure out how the doors automatically locked......usually it's when you go over 10-15 MPH that they will lock. I backed up like 5 feet...didn't even get the gage over 5 MPH.

Lesson Learned.....never leave keys in running vehicle..unless you have a spare key on you or someone is in there that is old enough to open the door if it does lock!

So I was a little late in picking Lexi up...but she didn't seem to notice as they were all playing with the new bday presents! She enjoyed her first bday party!

Oh...and so since I was a few miles out of Courtland, I decide to take a different way to the lake. Cause I'm all about SHORTCUTS you know (if you heard the Valleyfair story, you'll know what I mean!). So I asked if it was quicker to take Hwy 5 to St Peter or go back to Courtland & then 14 as usual. They said 5...but then it was under construction..and some teenager said it was open, they made it through. Ok, so I say! I try it....it's gravel for a few miles and I hate gravel! I made it & it just so happens that Co Rd 5 drives RIGHT by MGM Liquors. As long as I was driving by.....you gotta stop right!? Especially after the little incident I had just had!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home