Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Closet or Zantac?!?

Zachary SLEPT through the night last night!!!! Very first time in 5+ months!! Hoping/Praying it wasn't a fluke!

I have been trying a few different things with him and maybe just the combination of them all have finally worked.

I put him on Zantac & that was his 4th full day on it. Could that have finally kicked in? I think I have read that it takes a few days to get into the system to help.

He napped well yesterday too. I put him down after being awake for 2 hours or so & that worked great. I've tried that before but he didn't always cooperate!

My actual plan last night was to put Z1 (Big Z for Jennie) in the pack & play in my bedroom closet & let Z2 (Little Z) CIO. Well I forgot to put Z1 in my room so just put him in his crib like normal & then put Z2 in the pack n play in the closet. I figured I'd hear him & it'd be easier to get him this way too since his room is on a different level. And since I suck at CIO, I probably wouldn't have lasted long anyhow.

So Z2 went down at 9 pm last night & slept until 6:30 this morning!!! That is NINE and 1/2 HOURS of straight sleep for him. That is the most he has ever slept in a row! I of course kept waking up listening for him & worrying & wondering why in the hell isn't he waking up!? It's been 3 hours......it's been 6 hours....ok, I better get to sleep!

So either he liked it in the dark closet, he didn't hear any Zander noises, or the Zantac kicked in. Whatever it was, I LIKED it.

3 Comments:

Blogger cheri said...

i tagged you..check my site and then do the same.

1:47 PM  
Blogger cheri said...

yippee for Z2....hope the good sleep streak keeps up for you....maybe all those things were what he needed....i would keep it going again and again if it works. :)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news! Hope it wasn't a fluke and he keeps it up.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home