Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Maybe Manual IS Better!

Wed morning it was raining just as Nick was to leave for the bus. So I got him in the van & we waited together at the end of the block for the bus. Bus came & so after he got out, I backed up to the mailbox to get the paper. Rolled (I should say PRESSED the button) down the window, got my paper & pressed the button again. Nothing, nada......window won't go up. It's raining so I head into the garage quick. Dead. No power, nothing. Great, I have to leave in an hour to take Lexi to preschool. Let's home the rain stops.

It's raining even harder now as we drive the 4 miles to school. I held my coat up to block some of the rain but it wasn't a fun drive there!

Course this is the day Phil is working 12 hrs so can't use his car!

Thursday morning it looked again like rain, but we managed to get to town to get it checked out. Except they have no openings & there is nothing they can do in the meantime to get it shut. SO I head home quick to avoid rain showers again.

Phil tried working on it & determined it was the motor that was shot. So we call the garage to get an appt for Friday for them to fix it. Take it in Friday & they determine it is NOT the motor but the button/switch. Which they say, that little switch costs more than the motor.

$160 later & my window now opens & shuts. So if you have a vehicle with the old roll up windows.....be glad!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

When that deadbeat hit my car, I was without ANYthing power (including locks, etc.) for the two weeks it took to fix my car. I would NOT like to go back to that for all time. HATED it.

I don't like the idea of the motor burning out on mine either, but geez, rolling the window down is so annoying. LOL

2:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's always the little parts that cost the most!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it cost that much!!! Nana

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home