Whaz Up?

You Tell Me

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

SIX years ago...........

My first child had a due date of Oct 21st, 1998. Nothing happened that day, or the following, or the next, or even the next. We had to wait TWELVE days before something happened!

I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, Nov. 2nd, 1998. Sunday night about midnight, contractions started on their own. We waited until about 4 am & then headed to the hospital. Living with my parents at the time, it was a grueling, one minute car ride to the hosptial. They wheeled me up to the OB dept & about 5:30 am the doctor came in & checked me out. He broke my water at that time & that helped to progress things.

About 11:00 am I was given the ok to start pushing. I pushed, & pushed, & pushed some more. FINALLY, at 12:14 pm, Nicholas Philip Fischer entered the world!!

He is SIX years old today!!! On his birthday, he gets to attend school all day !!! Tonight we'll go to Happy Joe's Pizza for supper. Grandma/Grandpa will join us as well as Mitch & Eric I think.

I remember being in the hospital this ELECTION time of the year. They were going to wheel me down to vote. I passed. That year, MN elected Jesse Ventura for our Govenor. I remember some of the nurses pretty upset about that!! I wonder who will be upset tonight? The red or blue party???

I WILL be voting today, will you??? Get out & VOTE!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly cannot believe that it has been 6 years already! Until I look at Nick! LOL Marcie

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home